Fill out the Bid Form below and mail or drop it off at our office by September 17, 2021.
The Federal government has a new Agricultural Clean Technology Program. This program includes grants for new and upgraded grain dryers.
The applicant guide for the program is available at: https://www.agr.gc.ca/eng/agricultural-programs-and-services/agricultural-clean-technology-program-adoption-stream/applicant-guide/?id=1622647437222
The Federation Achievement Award was created to recognize deserving students of members across rural Alberta. Four $1,000 awards are handed out at the Federation Annual General Meeting. Application deadline is October 1, 2021.
For a copy of the application form click here
- Children of co-operative members of gas utilities within the Federation of Alberta Gas Co-ops, as well as, children or landowners who are serviced by gas member towns, villages, counties, or bands.
- Memberships must have been in place at least one full year.
- Preference will be given to applicants entering either a field of study which applies to the Natural Gas Industry (e.g. Gas Utility Operators, Gasfitters, Pipefitters, Power Engineering, Heavy Equipment Technician, etc.) or to Rural-based programs.
Acceptable Institutions and Courses:
- Admission to first year of a degree, diploma or apprenticeship program at any eligible accredited post secondary institute of learning in Alberta listed in the application form.
Academic Standards (High School)
- Candidates must have completed the course work of the last one (1) year of schooling required for admission to the post secondary institution and must have obtained an academic standing of at least seventy five percent (75%) in core subjects.
Click on the picture below to submit your locate request.
Courtesy of the Federation of Alberta Gas Co-op Ltd. and ClickBeforeYouDig.com
The federal carbon pollution pricing system was implemented in Alberta on January 1, 2020. A charge on fossil fuels is part of the Canadian government’s climate change action plan to help lower carbon emissions. You will notice a line item on your gas bill to reflect the rate per GJ of natural gas consumed. For more information please click on the following link: Alberta and Pollution Pricing.
Effective Date Federal Fuel Charge per GJ
January 1, 2020 $1.05/GJ
April 1, 2020 $1.58GJ
April 1, 2021 $2.10/GJ < We are here
April 1, 2022 $2.63/GJ
Climate Action Incentive payments
To help pay for the new charge, eligible Albertan’s will receive incentive payments when they file their income tax return. These payments will increase annually. Please see below for an example of how much your family could receive.
- $490 for a single adult or the first adult in a couple
- $245 for the second adult in a couple
- $123 for each child in the family
- Additional 10% for residents of small and rural communities
*A rural family of four could get up to $1079.
Take advantage of paperless billing and worry free payments! Have your gas bill emailed to you each month and your payment automatically withdrawn from your bank account on the due date. You can sign up for both or just one by calling or emailing us or clicking on the link below and returning it to us by email or mail.
Utility customers are frequent targets of fraud and scams. We want to help protect our customers with a few things to watch out for:
- Demands for payment on delinquent accounts by text, phone or email that request urgent payment in unusual ways such as by a prepaid credit card, gift card, wire transfer or money order.
- Door-to door-sales people who offer you lower rates and ways to save on your utility bills. They may ask you for your credit card number, bank information, SIN or to see your current utility bills. Watch out for people that don’t have any branded clothing, business cards, printed material, or proof of employment. If you are in our service area or get a bill from Crossroads Gas now, no other companies can provide you with natural gas. That is what being a member owned cooperative is all about.
Please share this information with your family, friends and neighbours.
If you want to report fraud, or if you need more information, contact the Canadian Anti- Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-850 or visit antifraudcentre.ca.